There are times when it can be difficult to accept the fact that God completely loves and accepts us unconditionally. Affirm these 6 facts of faith:
Deliberately choose to submit yourself fully to God as He has made Himself known to you through the Holy Scripture. Honestly accept His Word as the only inspired, infallible, authoritative standard for all life and practice.
- Recognize by faith that the triune God is worthy of all honor, praise, and worship as the Creator, sustainer, and end of all things. Confess that God, as creator, made you for Himself. Therefore, choose to live for Him (Rev.5: 9-10; Is. 43:1,7,21; Rev. 4:11).
- Recognize by faith that God loves you and chose you in Jesus Christ before time began (Eph.1: 1-7).
- Recognize by faith that God has proven His love to you in sending His Son to die in your place, in whom every provision has already been made for your past, present, and future needs through His representative work, and that you have been quickened, raised, seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenlies, and anointed with the Holy Spirit (Rom. 5:6-11; 8:28-39;Phil. 1:6; 4:6-7,13,19; Eph. 1:3; 2:5-6; Act6s 2:1-4,33).
- Recognize by faith that God has accepted you since you have received Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior (John 1:12; Eph. 1:6); that He has forgiven you (Eph. 1:7); adopted you into His family, assuming every responsibility for you (John 17:11,17;Eph. 1:5; Phil. 1:6); given you eternal life (John 3:16; 1 John 5:9-13); applied the perfect righteousness of Christ to you so that you are now justified (Rom. 5:1; 8:3-4; 10:4); made you complete in Christ (Col. 2:10); and offers Himself to you as your daily sufficiency through prayer and the decisions of faith (1 Cor. 1:30; Col. 1:27; Gal.2:20; John 14: 13-14; Matt. 21:22; Rom.6:1-19; Heb. 4:1-3,11).
- Recognize by faith that the Holy Spirit has baptized you into the body of Christ (1 Cor.12: 13); sealed you (Eph. 1:13-14); anointed you for life and service (Acts 1:8; John7: 37-39); seeks to lead you into a deeper walk with Jesus Christ (John 14:16-18; 15:26-27; 16:13-15; Rom.8: 11-16); and to fill your life with Himself (Eph. 5:18).
- Recognize by faith that only God can deal with sin and only God can produce holiness of life. Confess that in your salvation your part was only to receive Him and that He dealt with your sin and saved you. Now confess that in order to live a holy life, you can only surrender to His will and receive Him as your sanctification; trusting Him to do whatever may be necessary in your life, without and within, so you may be enabled to live today in purity, freedom, rest, and power for His glory (John 1:12; 1Cor. 1:30; 2Cor. 9:8: Gal. 2:20; Heb. 4:9; 1 John5: 4; Jude 24).
Having confessed that God is worthy of all praise, that the Scriptures are the only authoritative standard, that only God can deal with sin and produce holiness of life, recognize your total dependence upon Him and submission to Him. Accept the truth that praying in faith is absolutely necessary for the realization of the will and grace of God in your daily life (1 John 5:14-15; James 2:6; 4:2-3; 5:16-18; Phil. 4:6-7; Heb. 4:1-13; 11:6, 25-28).
(from Dr. Victor Matthew’s 6 Affirmations of Faith)
Please take the time to study each of the verses given within each affirmation. You will be blessed!