Lamentations 2:19 Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord! Lift up your hands toward Him…
The waves of turmoil and torment are great, but He has provided a way. Think of Jesus calming the storm, or of Him walking on water to calm His disciples, of Peter walking on water to meet him and then sinking but…Jesus reaches out and holds him up.
I will be Peter today, and when I start to sink – I will look up to Jesus and know He will save me.
Pour out your heart like water before the Lord
Look up to Jesus, your salvation
Know that you are in a storm, but victory is at hand. Be steadfast, Hold fast
My heart is fixed on Thee Oh Lord, my heart is fixed.
Study these verses:
- “In this world you will have trouble” (John 16:33), but “do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27),
- “For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all” (2 Corinthians 4:17).
- “…In the day of trouble, he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock” (Psalm 27:5).
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble” (Psalm 46:1, GW).
- “He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul” (Psalm 23:2-3).
- “A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all” (Psalm 34:19).
- “Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray” (James 5:13)
When life is dark and dim and it feels as though the sun will never shine again, know that there is hope in Him and in Him you will dwell in safety.