Find Peace on Rugged Paths
Psalm 36:10 Suffer me not to be driven about as a fugitive nor torn from my place like an uprooted tree.
Anticipate the defeat of your foes and praise His name always.
My life course is graciously ordained, lovingly fixed, settled, and maintained. No thoughtless fate, no fickle chance rules me. My soul presses forward to ethereal blue skies. In my trials and joys, I have a sympathizing companion in Jesus who fellowships with me and delights in being with me. Because God is my helper, none can prevail against me.
Join the Lord Jesus, the One who keeps us in perfect peace and whose mind remains focused on Him. He is your everlasting rock. (Isaiah 26:3-4)
Acknowledge Him in all your ways, and rely on Him in all trials. True peace is the blessing of the gospel. Peace grows from this good news, this joyful message of the revelation of Jesus and the grace of God through HIm. This good news is for you if you embrace the truth of Jesus Christ with faith. Believe. This joy is your joy, and this is the everlasting gospel. (Revelation 14)
Reasons to be Joyful and to Walk in His Peace:
- 1 Peter 1:25 The word of the Lord endures forever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
- Psalm 67:1 May God show us favor and bless us; may He truly show us His favor.
- 1 Corinthians 3:23 You are Christ’s and Christ is God’s
The Gospel is God in Jesus Christ reconciling a sinful world to Himself and pouring the riches of His grace on a reconciled world.
Put spiritual fuel in your lamp and walk in peace by:
- Going to Him for grace to receive the good news of the place where all your treasure lies.
- reading in the Word what God has done for you on earth and what He is doing for you in heaven
- Listening for promises that He will whisper to your heart
- James 5:13 Is any among you suffering? He should keep on praying. Is anyone cheerful? He should keep reciting Psalms.
- John 14:27 I am leaving you at peace. I am giving you my own peace. I am not giving it to you as the world gives. So don’t let your hearts be troubled, and don’t be afraid.
Search and know scripture for these truths of justification and peace. Seek God’s peace. You cannot be happy with anything less than peace, but you do not need anything more than peace to fill you with true joy.
Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Hebrews 10:20 By a new and living way which He has consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh.
Isaiah 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not: I will lead them in paths that they have not known. I will make darkness light before them and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them and not forsake them.
©2023 Debora Gilley